Saturday, March 14, 2009

I Want to Keep My Baby (1976) TV Movie

"I Want to Keep My Baby" is a cautionary TV movie starring Mariel Hemingway as a pregnant 15-year-old girl. She is pressured by her mother (Susan Anspach) to keep her baby, despite the warnings of a social worker (Rhea Perlman) that the girl is emotionally and financially unable to care for the child. Taking a defiant attitude, Hemingway insists upon setting herself up as a single parent. It is only after a few harrowing months of unassisted motherhood--and a brief temper flare-up in which Hemingway comes dangerously close to injuring her child--that the girl bows to logic and puts the baby up for adoption. "I Want to Keep My Baby" would have been more effective without such melodramatic setpieces as a rape attempt and a chance encounter between the girl and a pair of adoptive parents. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Want to Keep My Baby (1976) TV Movie
Cast: Jack Rader, Lisa Pelikan, Mariel Hemingway, Rhea Perlman, Susan Anspach, Vincent Baggetta

No comments:

Post a Comment